A Tribute to Dr. George (Doc) Sheehan

Dr. George ("Doc") Sheehan was medical columnist for Runner's World for several years and was an active runner and writer about running. One of his essays was called "The Basics of Jogging: How Fast, How Far, How Often?". That essay was the first article I read in the running literature, and I received it at the first meeting of the Digital Running Club in Maynard, Massachusetts in 1976. The essay was pure common sense, and I've followed his advice for over 40 years and have enjoyed running with only one minor injury. I'll be eternally grateful to "Doc" Sheehan for his guidance.

As a tribute to "Doc" Sheehan, I've posted that essay in this site for all to read and enjoy (additional essays by "Doc" Sheehan are at georgesheehan.com).
Click on any thumbnail to read the article.

1 comment:

jazzofmine said...

Fantastic article! I know I can do this and that's all I needed to stay on course in my fitness endeavors. :) Thanks!